How did I run with no date?
Here, with this sentence, the review of the Garmin Forerunner 305 could also be considered closed. But since it is not nice to be superficial, then maybe you should add some other bit of information about
The Garmin Forerunner 305, which you see on the left is a watch with an integrated GPS receiver and a heart rate monitor with the help of a band to be applied on the chest.
With this standard equipment the FR305 lets you record, moment by moment, position, speed, heart rate and other 39 parameters of instantaneous values, peak values and values medii.
The FR305 is therefore an ideal tool for runners, makes trekking, cycling and any other kind of sport where they can be useful to detect these values and then analyze it later to see your physical state and its growth racing.
In fact, once they arrive home, you can download, via USB, the data collected and analyzed with the management software included, called Garmin Training Center, and / or exports in XML format proprietary to Garmin's called. Tcx readable by others software such as, for example, the SportTracks or directly on the 'special site of Garmin.
Use as a heart rate
Obviously the tool is also suitable in situations where you use only part of the recorded parameters.
And 'the case, for example, a lesson in spinning, where obviously the parameters measured by GPS are not significant but are instead those of the heart rate monitor.
One below, for example, is the graph of one of my spinning classes with the legendary Annalisa, our instructor at the gym Fashion Pescara
As you see, unlike other heart rate monitors, the FR305 is not only recalls the peak value and the average activity but remember every single sample run. This allows you to view highlights of the post and understand exactly how long you have worked in strip aerobics, as in the anaerobic zone and how much in assets not relevant to the loss of fat or to strengthen the heart muscle.
In the chart above, obtained directly into the Garmin Training Center, one notes, for example, the initial warm-up, the slow rise and peak during the intermediate phase (in this case objectively, a bit 'too high) in stage work culminating in rapid jump four times and moments of jump in third position. Note finally the final final cool down.
Using GPS + Cardio
Obviously the above example is a use "crippled" the instrument that gives the maximum of himself in business "road" such as, for example, jogging.
First we must say that the Garmin Forerunner 305, contrary to what the appearance would suggest, is, to the wrist, very light, and during the race, you forget almost immediately, but only as a burden because of the stimulus go read what you are running, what is your heartbeat, what is the slope of the road, is practically a requirement constant.
To give a concrete example of what you can pull out dall'FR305, I present my performance yesterday, which, although subdued due to accumulated fatigue from the day before spinning classes, however, was necessary because he was no longer in skin waiting to test the FR305 on the road.
We shall therefore analyze, thanks to Garmin FR305, the journey completed.
Obviously, with the help of Garmin Training Center or better still, by the site of Garmin Connect or through additional software such as SportTracks, you can view the exact location on Google Maps or export run, enjoying in the SportTracks example, the path Google Earth.
To make us more aware of the effort that is useful to analyze the altitude of this trip always supplied by our trusty tool
As you can see, the path starts from the consortium of Controguerra, grab some up and down, alternating with flat sections in the district cemetery, and in the San Giuseppe and, hence, the road slopes down to Nereto. In the district head of the Valley gets about-face and then retracing the entire section to the contrary.
The graph shows the step taken, apart from local variations, a physical fatigue as evidenced by a good pace early, a substantial slowdown in the entire central phase and a recovery in the final stretch
which is also reflected in patterns of heart rate overall, which is around 165 bpm for the first 35 minutes and around 170 in the remaining stretch of the race.
The only thing to observe, at least personally, is the climb (too) at the beginning of sudden heart, Battice that, even after 20 seconds of activity on my certificate was 70%.
For those who are curious can see the general data of my race at Garmin Connect.
General Product Information
As you can see are lots of things you can do with the FR305 and many are still awaiting discovery, for example, the adversary virtual meters in the next race and which will give you news.
Finally some general information on the Garmin Forerunner 305. The apparatus has a cost not insignificant, I have paid on eBay from a seller of real Italian to 235 euros. The machinery has arrived exactly 23 hours after I click on the Paypal payment.
The box includes the watch itself, the band and the recording of heart Sensole the housing for recharging the watch and connect via USB to your computer with included USB cable, power supply 220V to recharge the watch power supply instead of USB, the adjustments made for the Italian and American, an extension of Centurini for those with extra-large wrist and the tool to extract the Centurini, the CD of the manual in Italian and CD Garmin Training Center even though it is best to download a version online because it is not exactly recent. Rounding off the printed manual in English.
What about the GPS, on some forums it is stated that one of the small flaws of this instrument was that take too long to lock on satellites. That may be true but I have turned into the house as I prepared to leave after a few minutes I realized that even though I was inside the house, had already engaged a bit 'of satellites for which, when released, the FR305 was already GPS at full power with 9 / 10 active satellites and then I do not believe that, at least personally, this is a problem.
What about the visibility of the information given by the tool: perfect. The instrument has split screen for up to 4 shares remaining leggibilissibe, also 3 different views, 2 standard and third customizable sport, it is ultimately possible, by alternating the display automatically have under eye while fewer than 12 parameters between 39 available. If this is not enough, then I do not know what to do
Garmin Forerunner 405
My decision was dictated by the following considerations
- The 405 has the size smaller and this for me is a disadvantage because instead of four simultaneous display has only three, and even so, the text is still smaller because of the lack of available space
- The buttons 305 are more precise, during the run, than trying to navigate through menus using the touch grill
- The fact is that the 405 Wifi and then you can download data wirelessly to the PC it gives me a disadvantage because it forces me to switch my access point but I must be near the computer to download data is just as well use the USB cable , 305
- Apparently the GPS satellites of 405 snaps, all'accensionde clock long before the 305 but, as mentioned above, this does not seem a big problem
- Apparently some features are missing in 405. There is talk of firmware updates that will add the missing functionality but the fact is that for now there are.
- Aesthetically, the 305 is much more appealing precisely because of his "gaudy", for the bright red chest and the word GARMIN prominent is understood immediately that this is not a simple clock
For now, I can only say a world of good to this tool that I hope will accompany me for many upcoming races, sessions, spinning and hiking in the mountains.
I will keep you informed of any new thing I'm going to discover.
30 Responses to "Garmin Forerunner 305, test drive"
Leave a comment
/ me runs
- Tour San Giovanni, San Giuseppe
- Controguerra by the Cemetery - 4 laps
- Replication of the race of San Martino
- Corropoli through the center
- Corropoli through the center
- Replication of the race of San Martino
- 2009 in the world of computing. Summary of a year really special.
- I'm a chick and a phenomenon in bed.
- Basic Life Support and Defibrilation laugh
- Understanding heart attacks thanks to YouTube
- After a delay of 465 days, all the videos of IPW2008
- From tomorrow and peer to peer file sharing legal
- Merry Christmas 2009
- Trenitalia, from commercials to harsh reality
- Fun pictures from 9Gag
- All photos of the simulation of Pineto
- America's Army (6)
- Lan Party (3)
- Controguerra (35)
- Green Cross (7)
- devTv.eu (6)
- events (35)
- Physics (4)
- howto (2)
- Humor (69)
- Internet (8)
- Iphone (10)
- linux (6)
- Linux Pro (3)
- Captive Portal (3)
- Medicine (2)
- Micso (44)
- Modding (17)
- News (14)
- politics (4)
- As part of ... (3)
- Press review (3)
- Recenzioni (29)
- RFID (1)
- Reflections (29)
- sports (28)
- Telug (1)
- Video (52)
- Real life (41)
- Web (29)
- Windows (9)
- Wireless (17)
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
Most Viewed Articles
- Open file OpenDocument (ODF) with Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007 - 20,094 visits
- Verbatim MediaStation Pro, review and resolution problems - 16,752 visits
- Track event in San Martin 2008 - Controguerra - 6126 hits
- The witch brought me a WalledPC - 5701 hits
- Acer Aspire One with Windows XP - Purchased - 5134 hits
- All with the asshole white thanks to anal bleaching. - 4159 hits
- Garmin Forerunner 305, road test - 3749 hits
- I gemboy on Colorado Cafè with Poker cleft. Impossible! - 3640 hits
- Wii Fit / Wii Balance Board - Review - 3104 hits
- Garmin Forerunner 305, virtual opponent - 2261 hits
- maury on Petition for Avatar in IMAX in Riccione
- David (yes, one) on the dog "Stories from the engine room"
- The cinepanettone wins. That old-fashioned I am. On December 18 Avatar around the world. In Italy no, there's Christmas in Beverly Hills
- Basic Life Support and Defibrilation to laugh about Understanding myocardial thanks to YouTube
- Merry Christmas 2009 on Merry Christmas 2007