This page has been translated from Italian
April

Garmin Forerunner 305, virtual opponent

| 22 commenti | TrackBack | | | 22 comments | TrackBack |
una stelladue stelletre stellequattro stellecinque stelle (1 votes, average: 5.00)
Loading ... Loading ...

Today I raced against myself ... and I won.

This "magic" was able to happen thanks to the Garmin Forerunner 305 and its "virtual opponent" (virtual partner in English).

With this amazing feature is in fact possible to set the "benefits" of a virtual opponent and then run against this "ghost". And 'that is possible to say something like: "I want to run against an opponent who goes to 5min/km" or "against one who goes to 5min/km for the first 5 km and turn 5.30min/Km for the remaining time," and so on.

But the biggest thing is that you can say "I want to race against myself by taking the data from the race than x days ago." In this way, the Garmin follows exactly the progress carried out by my "self" than x days ago and compares this moment to moment with the race that I'm doing.

The incentive to improve yourself, you get the two views that, instant by instant, the Garmin FR305 gives you to show than six meters ahead (or behind) in your tea than x days ago.

In the first you see two "little men", your partner and your virtual "self" and the current visual indication is in meters than you are ahead or behind.

virtual_partner_screen1.png

The second, however, shows, nell'altimetria current, where you were in course selection and where you are in the current race.

virtual_partner_screen2.jpg

It 'a truly fantastic race and really allows you to measure themselves against yourself to improve your performance.

For example, today I received confirmation that the race Friday, as I mentioned, was subdued because of the training of spinning on Thursday.

In fact today, at the start I was a bit 'caught off guard by my nemesis that is taken immediately and after a few minutes it was already 40 yards ahead of me. But after the first kilometer, the situation is reduced and the second km I reached and surpassed my old "me" with a benefit that has been increasing by the minute so much so that the turn-over was already in front of Nereto 100 meters and, as I had certainly seen my poor performance on Friday, my advantage is increased too much to return so much so that, without even pushing, I finally beat my opponent by a margin of virtual well 297 meters. Not bad!

And the great thing is the possibility, a posteriori, to compare various parameters of the two races so you can see the differences.

This one, for example, is the comparison of velocities in the two performances where the pink line is the race today and the blue one, the one on Friday

raffronto_velocita.png

We note indeed, on average, a trend more cheerful. The nice thing is seen in the comparison instead of pulse

raffronto_bpm.png

where, in the face of the increase in speed noted above, there is instead a more calm and regulate the heart, especially in the last kilometers.

If you want to see my race online today, is the usual site Garmin Connect.

Well, in short, with this type of instrumentation, it is to say on two simple corset, is not it?

This article has been viewed 2261 time

22 Responses to "Garmin Forerunner 305, virtual opponent"

• Demetrius writes

Damn, maybe I had in my time, when I ran, really exceptional, I would go with this much stronger and I could measure all paths val vibrato that I opened but I did not put any. I almost buy it the same now.

• Paul writes

It 'a fantastic tool, I bought it I also a few days.
    But I can not set the virtual partner to replicate myself in a previous race.
    Not that you give me a tip?
    Also know by chance if we can set a route on Google Earth and then import it for use as a forerunner in the race?
    Hello.

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

For the partner virtual memory ... ... I'm going to possibly fix it in the next race: Then, settings, racing, new courses and asks what's the rush to set up, select the one against which you want to run and then when you start, please start.
    To import from Google Earth I think so, because I seem to have read something like that. As soon as I have the garmin at hand (it is now in office and Garmin is at home) I try and let you know.

• Henry writes:

Hello!
    I confirm that you're unable to load the info without any problems running the Forerunner 305 * * Connect to the Garmin website? A site always gives me the error! (while I quietly on MotionBased.com)
    Actually I do not see 'quoted' the 305 between the devices compatible with Garmin Connect. You upload 'manual' (from TCX files on a PC) or 'automatic'? In both cases, I get 'Internal Server Error ...'
    Hello ... and congratulations for the site and for the supply of race!

• Salvatore writes:

I am deeply confused about which model to take to keep track of my expenses.
    The 305 would satisfy me if it were not for the size and price.
    I like the 405 for portability, but I feel that the race will be difficult to access the data.
    Someone knows the price + convenient for the 305 and where to buy it?

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

The size of the 305 I am not at all exaggerated indeed are, in my opinion, the perfect combination of visibility, comodtà of use and radial dimensions. Most certainly would have given great annoyance, smaller (like 405) would be very usable and readable.
    I've got here
    and I was fine. E 'came after 23 hours of payment by clicking on PayPal.

• roberto writes

Hello Salvatore 2 hours ago I bought the 305.
    The price was 229.00 at the price indicated on the packaging in store 240.00 but the seller gave me 220.00.
    Where to buy it perfect to go on the site of garmin.it and see a list of retailers.
    Hello

• Fabrizio Cirelli writes

Hello, I bought the FR305, and set the virtual partner on, but I can not see it while running ... I thought the manual and follow the signs were displayed automatically set having a quick workout but nothing!
    ... Waiting for news
    Thanks
    Fabrizio

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

I have never used the training fast but always create a new race which then executes. I normally displayed by scrolling the "views". After a while 'is one that shows when they are ahead (or more often backward) and localized and with the altitude. If I press "mode" is a compass with details to follow, and pressing again "mode", the path to follow.

• Renato writes

Hello I'd intended to buy a forerunner 305, but I just read on a forum that has many problems one of which to be reckoned with is that it is very resistant to perspiration accordingly. You'd know what to say about it?
    PS: Good wine from your shares

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

Never had any problems like this and say that, especially in this humid period, when I run sudo a lot. I also sometimes even during the rain without problems.
    The watch is not underwater, but for what concerns the race, is absolutely resistant to perspiration, rain and the like.

• Andrea writes

Hello everyone ... I am a recreational runner. say that I run only 1 month ...
    E 'for years that do not work ... + sport result. I have now taken ... to make a bit of exercise and with the excuse to throw down a few Kilo too ....
    Starting from scratch .... Now I run 35 minutes ... .. with 2 breaks of 2 minutes walking fast ....
    Yesterday I bought after visiting several sites the mythical FR305!
    Let's say I bought it to see how many km do ... the stopwatch at hand ... the speed .... The heart rate monitor I have not tested.
    Last night ... I've raced for 32 minutes and I did 4km
    I hope to learn to use it better. ... In all its potential. ...
    I think many on this blog ask aid ... ..
    A greeting to all
    Andrea

• Renato writes

Hello Emiliano thank you, on that forum, in practice many said that after a training session the Forerunner went out and did not want more to do with rekindling in practice this was due to perspiration (or rain) that enters the interior, had oxidized circuits. Another problem they found was that he felt the ringer (beep). Sorry if you break it and if I do a bit of mental blowjobs but I'm not going to spend € 200 for something that would not allow me anything hard.
    Anyway maybe one day we becchiamo well during some training I am therefore somewhat of St. Nicholas near the vibrated.
    hello hello

• Renato writes

andrea you where you bought it? As you have paid the Forerunner? thanks

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

Look, I can assure you that sweat or rain too heavy to do nothing 305. Consider then, as I get home, give him even a quick pass under a tap to remove the salty sweat. See a little 'you :-D
    For the Bleep do not know 'tell you. I have disabled all the acoustic signal. I only know that the switch is strong.

• Renato writes

thank you very much. anyway what you see is a bell'attrezzo. I've convinced him I'd buy that little doubt about the resistance to water but if Midicar so ...

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

If I could turn back, the buy back now .... I can not live without ... .. speaking of something else .. did you see that the first Agosto spinning in the square ... we could be an opportunity to come together and have a good ride .... so I'll show you the Garmin work :-D

• Renato writes

Unfortunately I have never done a session of spinning. But in a square where St. Nicholas or controguerra?

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

A controguerra. And you would not be the only one that is spinning for the first time precisely Controguerra. Tell us a little thought. Hello

• Renato writes

the first was in August are Farindola to do something that has nothing to do with the sport .... eating cheese and drinking pecorino.Però the next day for a moment I thought that if I had the Garmin would make me comfortable. We had a wonderful hike in the mountains ... beautiful and would recommend.
    hello

• JJ (PR) writes:

You place a link (in French and one English) in which he explains how to retrieve the Forerunner once lost volume in the sound alerts.
    Mine has almost completely lost volume, and then I started looking for the solution, thinking it was only a problem of setting.
    To my dismay, I've discovered that I am / We are many with the same problem!
    The holes are open the buzzer (!!!!) and remain flat on the wrist when worn GPS.
    Our sweat and / or 'water when it rains or l' moisture to penetrate 'inside and destroy it slowly eroding even battery and motherboard!
    In a site experts say that the 'only solution is to apply a piece of tape just above the holes to seal' s entry. The volume will be slightly lower but you have preserved your GPS, but this must be done as soon as you buy ... ... sigh!
    If you know someone who has the Forerunner 205/305 avvisatelo, the Garmin fix it under warranty but ended the ... ...
    http://maratholiv.free.fr/blog/index.php?post/2008/08/25/194-reparation-du-buzzer-du-garmin-forerunner-305 (French)
    http://ctorunner.googlepages.com/dismantleforerunner205 (English)