This page has been translated from Italian
December

Night in Micso Quip

| 50 commenti | TrackBack | | | 50 comments | TrackBack |
una stelladue stelletre stellequattro stellecinque stelle (3 votes, average: 4.30)
Loading ... Loading ...

logoquipo.gif Tonight all Micso will be engaged in what has been dubbed the "Night Quip.

Quip is a famous historical and Internet Service Provider Roman born back in 1996 and to date has been on the market with offers of ADSL connectivity, Freenet, Hosting and Housing as well as consultants to companies.

From today Quip enters the great family MICS and becomes in effect a brand Micso.

In this long night all the cars, all services and all the features in Quip will be moved from Rome to Pescara with one of those computerized effort comparable to the 12 labors of Hercules.

To summarize, at 20.00, co-workers started at 16.00 from Pescara, will begin the shutdown of the server farm Quip, Rome. After the arrival of the hardware in Pescara, expected around midnight we start with the placement of devices within the server farm Micso in Pescara and the reactivation of the services that will probably last all night to finish the all around at 06.00 to morning.

I do look a little bit of Twitter night with pictures to keep you informed of our tremendous efforts.

Currently beccatevi the wreath that I made and hung at the entrance to our server farm to greet the arrival of the server Quip

IMG_0208.jpg
This article has been viewed 864 time

50 Responses to "Night in Micso Quip"

• eleanna writes:

But something unexpected happened? Or is it normal that my mail does not work anymore?

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

Confirm. And 'something unexpected happened but today the situation is expected to add to have standardized and almost all services are back in operation and more' performance since moved on machines "Present" on connectivity 'with a very large bandwidth (100 mbps) and with new services such as that now there is a limit of 50 Mbytes in the inbox that is now virtually unlimited.
    It must be said that to achieve this, the MICS and the Quip worked hard for three days with peaks of 33 consecutive hours in order to make the downtime as short as possible.

• Renato writes

Not everything is back running! I have two account@romascuola.net that have not yet intend to resume work. Telefonoall'assistenza since yesterday and I am told that the matter should be resolved in a couple of hours but at the time (19.15 hours of 16/12/2008) still nothing. Could not we put on the home page of Micso some explanation eprvisione return to normal?

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

Unfortunately, the truth is that a transaction that would be almost painless turned into reality in a bloodbath. The problem is that we found ourselves facing a general criticism caused by the fact that almost all of the machines were Windows Quip (who has ears to hear, let him).
    We tried for over 20 hours of fighting against the machines but in the end we had to give up and realize that the only alternative was to do in days what we set out to do in six months, migrate everything to Linux.
    This thing is so behaving, first conversion issues and the other a priority scale that we're slowly crossing to reach a new Quip identical to the first, if not better in terms of efficiency and reliability.
    To arrive at the request of René I can only say that at last tonight (and I know 'because it is a part of which I have been personally) we started to migrate blocks users who have similar EXPERIENCE accounts highlighted by Renato.
    For his "bad luck" block romascuola.net is one of the last and is scheduled for tomorrow. So I am sure that in tomorrow renato will again have his mail.
    Some services "more fortunate" were already up and converted on Monday, and many others are back online today. Renato is in a middle position in that most unfortunate of these, but most fortunate things that will come back online Thursday and then Friday, the day Quip should be operational again at 100%.
    Unfortunately, the unfortunate situation that we will have to handle and the large number of services, users and peculiarities of the network Quip has made this step annoying.
    However, we are confident that the new Quip, renewed and Linux-based, will best satisfy its customers as they have for years Micso customers.

• Joseph writes:

quipo.it us then we can only read the mail Friday??
    but messages sent to us in these days of inactivity will be delivered intact in our cells, or are hopelessly lost?
    Use this email from everlasting to work.

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

No. caselle@quipo.it are active yesterday. The problem, as in his case, is for those users who have created the aliases that is for those users who had more of freenet 'of a mailbox. For these, the resolution is scheduled for tomorrow. But nothing will be lost. Only stuff that will remain in the queue and when the alias is activated

• Joseph writes:

do not think I fall into that category (aka, ...) but I am still in the resolution of the problem that still weightlifter.
    thanks

• Renato writes

Thanks for the precise and detailed information.
    Are 14.00 and still nothing works, but the day is not over yet and I look forward to.
    A greeting and good work!

• Maximus writes

and to be able to download mail directly from quipo the most used programs without going through the site of Micso what should I do? Or since they are always going to work to download everything on phone?
    I have to change pop access or when everything is blocked?
    Thanks

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

the "most used programs" already work with caselle@quipo.it keeping unchanged the settings of mail programs.

• Joseph writes:

from the home page of micso.net, inputting user and pwd, and selecting from the drop down quipo.it nothing happens, I see the same homepage.
    while from windows mail repeatedly asks me user and password to infinity.
    please resolve this problem in a reasonable time
    Many thanks

• Maximus writes

Thank you for your speedy response, unfortunately I can not get mail with Microsoft Outlook it will with the programs of Nokia phones (like me and my other colleagues).

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

Today unfortunately it was not possible to solve the problem of the boxes quipo.it not working as involved in reactivation of other services. Probable date of termination: Friday.

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

I did not understand but if it works or not via webmail. If it does not work either via webmail Micso then in the same situation that Joseph probably will be resolved Friday. But if it works via webmail please let me know that I try to understand why.

• Maximus writes

Up Webmail I could easily see my post. While even now that I'm writing via Outlook and mobile will not let me do this.
    Thank you very much.

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

I just verified that it works either via webmai either via POP3. I ask you to verify the following data for your mail program
    POP3 (incoming mail server): quipo.it
    SMTP (outgoing mail server): quipo.it
    POP3 accounts: his inbox senza@quipo.it
    password: your password
    Let me know how it differs from the configuration that I have just given because with this data must operate.

• Maximus writes

The settings are correct ... unfortunately quipo use for 7 years and lately I have not changed any settings ... .. plus it does not work with my laptop I fixed it with the phone that has always received ...
    Testing the connection sees the incoming mail server but does not accept the connection request.
    Thanks again

• Joseph writes:

please re-enable the mail by Monday. his tone hypothetical (probably ...) makes me fear.
    good work and thanks

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

We have been speaking :-D and now caselle@romascuola.net are again accessible. We are now proceeding with the synchronization of old mail on the new box.

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

eheh, the tone was actually hypothetical because I hope to do it instead for tomorrow (Thursday), but I told on Friday to keep off :-D

• Giovanni Petrucciani writes:

Hi,
    same problem, same request infinite login and password ... among other things in the old mail I mail folders with important documents rather than to till today are not migrated on Micso .... I must consider the lost?

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

Well, I guess not. The synchronization of mail, once it has successfully recreated the mail, should transfer everything. At worst, the car with its documents is still there and then you can always do a manual removal.

• Renato writes

Thank you!
    By late afternoon yesterday, I received (with Outlook Express) all mail pending.
    But I must point out that today Outlook Express from 'new error in accessing my two boxes posta@romascuola.net
    I rather go to regularly WebMail
    I hope it's temporary!
    Greetings

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

Obviously. Should in fact be rifunzionante already a bit '. Confirm?

• Renato writes

Unfortunately no! I can not access via pop3, and confirm that everything is OK via webmail

So it's only a problem of propagation of DNS. If, on a DOS command prompt
    ping romascuola.net
    212.43.96.4 and comes out then it should work. If it turns out another number then it must wait for the DNS of your ISP connection is synchronized. Maybe you can benefit, if the problem is only the cache in your computer, the command
    ipconfig / flushdns
    always on the command prompt. The fact that I see so many other connections utenti@romascuola.net going to succeed, I am certain that the problem is exactly. If and 'the provider's DNS cache problem, you just wait for the record DNS@romascuola.net expires and is synchronized with the data of romascuola.net.

• Renato writes

Perfect! Following his directions also receive via POP3 works!
    A little problem that I solved and indicating that perhaps it could be useful to others:
    In Outlook Express, until December 12, the account name was simply "danimus" and works both in reception and dispatch messages.
    With OE set in this way, today I was able to receive, but I could not send.
    I tried to include as an account name "danimus@romascuola.net" and it went all right!
    Thank you for your expertise and especially for his willingness
    Renato Testa

BRAVISSIMO !!!!!!!
    We were just doing an e-mail to all i@romascuola.net precisely to warn of this change.
    10 e lode :-D

• Joseph writes:

but the only one without mail are also well just me? please do something. The Need ...

• Marco writes

Hello, I too have the problem of not being able to access the WebMail much less to download email via Mozilla Thunderbird without changing any parameter pop, smtp, etc.. I like Quipo.it account. Any news?
    Thank you.

• Joseph writes:

silence makes me think that you're working with mail quipo unusable.
    I do hope so.

• Marco writes

Hello, I too have the problem of not being able to access the WebMail much less to download email via Thunderbird without changing any parameter pop, smtp, etc.. I like Quip account. Any news?
    Thank you.

Yes we are working.
    I recommend to all, while you're changing the username outgoing / incoming as nomeutente@quipo.it instead of the usual username.
    Otherwise you can always receive mail, but you might have problems in shipping.
    This of course everything will work ... when we are working for this very

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

Yes, we're doing just that

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

We are working on precisely that. Council only to change the username to receive / send mail as nomeutente@quipo.it instead of the username otherwise only receive work anyway but you might have problems in shipping if you use as a server for outgoing mail quipo.it

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

As promised, we are at Friday and finally @ quipo.it emergency is over and you should again have your inbox. Probably there are still problem too. If I have reported them happy.

• Joseph writes:

problemini the word is meant, for example, that there is no incoming message in some boxes boxes?
    to me is exactly that. one mail to 16:28. Please ripristinatemi mails these days.
    thanks

• Marco writes

Thank you, I followed your instructions and now Thunderbird download regularly. The same applies to access the WebMail, everything ok and also a nice graphic.
    A greeting and thanks.

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

And who said the mail of 16:28? Perhaps that is currently being synchronized, and within hours of the messages in its archives will be available again?

• Joseph writes:

1. feel quipo folder where I saved dozens of messages in Sent Items, now there is one message.
    2. I received only 4 mails in inbox, until now, between 16:28 and 18:37 of 19.12.
    I miss the incoming email 15:12 to 19:12

• Joseph writes:

update
    well, webmail appeared in the Sent folder with all mail saved.
    but the mails received from 15 to 19 still nothing.
    thanks
    giuseppe

• Gene writes:

I too have the same problem I did not connect either from nor from webmail clients and have been several days, I sent an email to Micso but they told me to use the unique number to connect.
    I hope you're kidding!
    My account is'*****quipo.it '

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

Box cha you entered (which I have done so to form in the post) exists and is working perfectly.
    Do you remember the login information:
    POP3 server: quipo.it - SMTP server: quipo.it
    Username: what you said you understood di@quipo.it
    I also tried via webmail and it works. If still not working, send me an email with the password test that you think should have the account because, at this point, since rifunziona all, if something works or not is a matter of settings or passwords.

• Joseph writes:

I remember that I have not received the mail (incoming) days of blackouts. did you lost forever, if so tell anyway.

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

If you tell me that someone has reported that you sent e-mail during the days of blackouts and you verified that this email did not arrive, then you are lost forever.
    PS Since this is my personal blog, I allowed her to move from you, I hope this does not injure you.

• Daniela Pizzamiglio writes:

I sent a few days ago the mail that follows the Micso but I have not yet been answered. Since I seem to have understood that you are one of the "Big Boys" of mics, take advantage of your kindness to get help. Thanks - Happy New Year!
    Daniela Pizzamiglio
    The email sent was as follows:
    Manage web pages on a space allotted time ago by Romascuola as a middle school teacher.
    December 12, that is since Romascuola (Quip) was absorbed by MICS, I can not update my web pages.
    I normally use to make the transfers Filezilla ftp.
    Whenever I try to connect out the following message:
    18:23:55 Status: Resolving IP-Address utenti.romascuola.net in progress
    18:23:55 Status: Connecting to 212.43.108.15:21 ...
    18:23:55 Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message ...
    18:23:55 Response: 421 Server is temporarily unavailable - please try again later.
    18:23:55 Error: Could not connect to server
    It looks like a temporary impediment, but it's lasted too long!
    I have to change some parameter or to perform some action to solve the problem?
    Pending your enlightened response sending cordial greetings and best wishes for happy holidays
    Daniela Pizzamiglio

• Francesca writes:

I read all the comments and hoped somehow to have solved my problems with the shipment of mail through Thunderbird but it is not so !!!!!
    Uffà something wrong again??
    I entered the data I read in the comments with the result that the mail is downloaded to the program but will not start. You receive an error message with the connection to the SMTP server.
    I hope you can help me ... good day
    francesca

• Emiliano Bruni writes:

Your account is correct and functioning then there is something wrong with the parameters set in your mail program.
    Remember to set both accounts as input and as output accounts for authentication, your e-mail including di@quipo.it.
    If there are problems here in the office call (085 54105) and try to do it remotely.

• Francesca writes:

I spoke with an operator and we have discovered the secret, the problem is that using a mobile connection of the three 's SMTP was set SMTP.tre.it, thanks.